I’m feeling colorful today! (No worries, I’ll keep it in check! Ha!)
When trying to make your home and welcome and cozy space, sometimes it’s hard to decide what to do as far as color is concerned. Are you a color person? Do you like to see bright colors everywhere, or even small hints of color? Or would you rather everything be a bit more neutral?
I have specific color schemes for each room in our house. Surprise surprise, right? I like to experiment and change things up, so it was an opportunity for me to have a little fun! However, I also know people who want their entire home decorated within one color scheme. That works for them, so I think it’s great!
At my house…
Garage: (Don’t laugh, you haven’t seen my garage yet!) Teals, reds, whites and grays
Kitchen: navy blues, silvers, whites and grays
Master Bedroom: teals and browns
Master Bathroom: browns
Living Room: browns and burgundies
Dining Room: browns, burgundies and greens
Office: reds, whites and blacks
Guest Bedroom: blues, browns, creams
Guest Bathroom: greens, browns, creams and whites
Project Room: (this is not decorated yet – it’s totally empty right now but I want it to be in navy blues, lime greens and whites)
Why the plurals, you might ask? Because there is always going to be that time that you find the perfect accessory, but it’s not QUITE the same color as what you were looking for. You figure, it’s going across the room from the other color, it will still work. And you get it in the room, and it looks awesome! So you keep it and decide you might want more of that color in the room, too! Am I the only one that happens to?!
Anyways, in looking for good color combinations when I get stuck, I tend to turn to Pinterest. I actually have a board there called Color Schemes, so I wanted to share my top 10 favorite color schemes with all of you, hoping they’ll spark some great ideas! (The majority of these come from Jessica at Design Seeds – definitely take some time to check out that blog! She is brilliant!)
Here we go…
10. Shabby Chic – vintage and peaceful. I see this as either a female’s bedroom, or it would be beautiful for an office!
9. Color View – I like this because it’s BRIGHT. Fantastic for a playroom, or even a really fun kitchen!
8. Jarred Tones: Muted, but with a couple pops of color. Would make a beautiful study, or a not-so-little-anymore boy’s room
7. Single Bloom: I think this would be gorgeous in a nursery or a bathroom. So peaceful and beautiful
6. Feathered Brights: I’m terrified of birds, but I love this burgundy, teal and green together. The possibilities are endless here!
5. Muted Summer: I’m actually thinking that white, gray and yellow are my next living room colors, so this one caught my eye. I like the pale teal in there, as well! And it’s also inspired another project that I’ll show you soon!
4. Candied Tones: I LOVE the purple that’s included in this pallet…yet it’s not too girly. Gorgeous mix of colors!
3. Mushroom Tints: This is pretty much the color scheme for our Master Bedroom right now. It’s very calming – one of my favorite combinations!
2. Winter Berry: This makes me think of Fall, which is my favorite time of year, so maybe that’s why I love it so much.
1. Cropped Tones: I absolutely adore the purple and the green together, and with the neutral tones thrown in, this one is simply perfect to me!
Do you see how she takes things like a bunch of onions tied with twine or a bottle of buttons and makes an entire palette out of just that?! Amazing!
I hope at least one of these inspired you! (Time for weekend projects, right?!)
What your all-time favorite color scheme for your home?