Did you know that this week, May 1 through May 7, is National Pet Week?
Created in 1981 by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the Auxiliary to the AVMA, National Pet Week is dedicated to celebrating America’s more than 200 million pets that enrich our lives each and every day and encourage responsible pet care every day of the year – no matter if you’re celebrating a dog, a cat, a hamster or a tank full of platy fish!
Of course, around our house, the pets in question are CoCo the Black Kitty and Taffy the White Doggie!
And that’s about as close as they get to one another. Most of the time, it’s a peaceful co-existence. But sometimes there’s a bit of refereeing that needs to be done. Just one of the duties of a pet parent, right?
Bil-Jac understands pets (dogs, specifically) more than anyone else, I think. To this day, Taffy the White Doggie must sit and watch me open a package to make sure it doesn’t contain a bag of food or treats for her from the good folks who work there! And if it IS something from Bil-Jac? There is much doggie rejoicing, for sure!
Here are just a few of the reasons why we love Bil-Jac:
- They use much more REAL CHICKEN and REAL CHICKEN ORGANS than other leading dry dog food brands (25 lbs. of real chicken is used in each 30 lb. bag of Bil-Jac Adult Select).
- Because they use so much real chicken, combined with their unique processing, no fat is added to Bil-Jac Super Premium Dog food.
- They never use grain gluten meals or grain protein concentrates as a source of protein in our formulas, because your dog deserves better.
- Their carbohydrates help to provide nutritional balance and energy — they are not a substitute for protein.
- Their unique Nutri-Lock™ slow cooking method may be helpful for itchy skin or other issues sensitive dogs may deal with.
Plus, in the spirit of National Pet Week, Bil-Jac gives us these ideas: 8 Ways to Be a Better Pet Parent!
Dog-proof your house
Provide chew toys
Set him on a schedule
Talk to your dog
Give your time
Praise your dog
For more ideas, check out Bil-Jac’s website by CLICKING HERE!
Do you have pets in your home? How will you celebrate them this week?
Due to the amount of comments from all of my wonderful readers, it is not always possible for me to respond to each one. However, I absolutely do read them all, and if you’d like to address something specific, or have a question for me, please don’t hesitate to email me at Kristen@theroadtodomestication.com. I will respond to your email as soon as possible! Thank you for visiting the blog!