I often think that I carry too much in my purse, but then I don’t know what I should eliminate! I mean…what if I NEED something, and I need it after I’ve decided to not carry it anymore? (Ah, these voices in my head…)
So I figured some opinions wouldn’t hurt!
This is the purse I’m carrying today. (Yes, today. Yes, I’m one of those switch-out-my-purse-everyday people.)
This is one my hubby bought me for Christmas – I LOVE my Vera Bradley! (Let me just say that yes, I like large purses, and he always makes fun of me for them – calls them carpet bags! But HE still buys me big ones!)
Here’s what it looks like inside at first glance.
Now, let’s break it down a bit…here’s everything inside my purse, all laid out.
When I look at this picture, it doesn’t seem like much…but when I’m digging in my purse for something specific, or I’m switching out purses, it seems like A LOT!!!
So you can see I have…
- An umbrella (that normally isn’t in there – it was just pretty rainy earlier this week, so I haven’t taken it out yet!)
- The blue paisley bag (another Vera Bradley!) next to the umbrella is a mixture of things (like female hygiene products and floss, etc.) I like to keep it all contained!
- The red bag underneath that one is another mixture of things…the blue paisley bag just kinda overflowed!
- The shiny pink pouch is called a Card Cubby. It’s a Clever Container product that alphabetically organizes all those store loyalty cards! (And I have TONS of those!)
- And then the last item is my sunglasses case. (I’m notorious for breaking sunglasses – this hard case is a lifesaver! And it doesn’t hurt that it’s Vera Bradley, as well!)
- Red wallet
- Green makeup bag
- Notepad for sudden ideas
- The little Coach pouch holds gift cards that I have that can be used at any time
- Kleenex! (Especially during allergy season, am I right?)
- 5 gum
- Listerine spray and strips
- Extra car key (because I’ve been starting my car and letting the windshield defrost while I go back into the warm house these days)
- Lotion and antibacterial gel (right now CVS and Bath & Body Works brands…but I change these up all the time)
- A variety of writing utensils
So there you have it! Is that too much “stuff” to carry in a purse? Some days I really feel like it is! Anything you think I should get rid of, and why? What’s in YOUR purse?