And just like that, it’s NOVEMBER. Let me tell you, October has FLOWN by for me! Has it for you, too? WOW!
Next we have my FAVORITE holiday: Thanksgiving! Wohoo!
But before we get to all of that, let’s look back at the top 5 posts here on the blog for the month of October, shall we?
One of my normal activities you can find me immersed in each Fall is making Pumpkin Bread. I love the consistency of the dough, the ease of the preparation, and the way the house smells while it’s baking! Of course, I also love to give it away. And apparently, people enjoy receiving it, because folks started asking me a few weeks back when I was going to make my Pumpkin Bread.
I decided to make it a bit different this year, in that I wanted it to be…CUTE. I happened to be in Michael’s for another matter entirely, when I came upon these lovelies:
Cute little loaf pans, aren’t they? And you don’t have to CLEAN them! The best, right?! I grabbed some nifty little cardboard tags, twine and those wooden leaf stickers (yes, they’re made of WOOD!) and went to town!
I had never cooked in cardboard before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I think they turned out okay!
Well, due to the series we had going on the first week of November, we’re just now getting to the monthly “On the Road” post! It’s now November 13. WOW. Where in the world is the time going?! As the tradition goes, let’s take a look at the previous month and see what the top five posts were here on The Road to Domestication in October. Ready?
1. Make Your Own Laundry Cream…like these folks did! – This was a fantastic story about a couple who set out on a new venture together!
2. On Cutting Corners – In this one I took a “from-scratch” recipe and showed you how to make it just a lil’ easier!
3. On Re-Organizing the Pantry – One of my favorite posts of the month! I’m still so happy with the way my pantry turned out!
4. Pumpkin & Cheese Spice Bread – This was definitely a YUMMY post!
5. A Prayer for Busy Women – I’m glad this one was one of the favorites of the month, because I need to be reminded of this often! And who doesn’t love a free printable?!
Well, there they are! The top 5 posts of October! Did YOU like them? Which one was your favorite?
I’ve been pinning lovely Fall ideas and recipes on my Pinterest board “Fabulous Fall” since LAST Fall! And this year I decided that I was actually going to try some of these new-to-me recipes! So here’s one I tried this past weekend…originally nabbed from Pinterest via Faith at An Edible Mosaic!
Pumpkin & Cheese Spice Bread