I have been looking forward to this weekend so much! It was supposed to be a good one! Christmas was over, I wasn’t running in a million directions at once, I didn’t have any huge projects to work on, and I was totally looking forward to seeing more friends who were in from out-of-town and some catching up in the sleep department.
Accomplished on Friday:
- Dinner with friends in from out-of-town
- Half of the grocery shopping. (I had to stop at 10:00 p.m. because the store was closing.)
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Cleaned the entire house. (My plan of doing little things here and there throughout the week so I wouldn’t have to spend an entire day of the weekend cleaning did not work this week. Between Christmas and my husband getting sick, there was no time left to clean.)
- Used up 4 hours for a photo shoot. (Travel time each way was 1.5 hours.)
- Finished the grocery shopping
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Sunday School, Choir and church
- Lunch with friends
- Blog planning
- Photography business organizing. (I shut down my photography business for the entire month of January to attempt to catch a breather from the crazy months of October – December, and it takes a bit of doing to get it ready to be left alone for a month!)
- Cooked dinner (anybody ever had Cheeseburger Soup, or should I share that recipe here sometime?)
Honestly, I’m pretty disappointed with the lack of stuff that got done this weekend. I’m so tired. I really just want to quit everything and go sit in my big ol’ walk-in closet and do NOTHING. Even when I try to sleep I can’t, because my brain won’t shut up. Hence the reason I got no nap on Sunday.
I had forgotten how ridiculous I get at the end of the year…but I’m right back to it again. I am so exhausted of everyone needing everything from me, and there always being SO much to do ALL THE TIME. I guess the theory that “I’ll rest when I’m dead” applies now, right? Right now I’d like nothing more than to quit my full-time job, close my photography business forever, quit blogging for good, and find a lovely rock to climb under.
This is what an overly-tired overly-extended Kristen sounds like, y’all. I’m sorry for the jolt of realism in today’s post, and I think the only thing to do is try to hang on and get through it. Please tell me someone else feels the same way?