Seems like Monday gets here faster and faster, huh? Hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was a good mix of work and fun!
Accomplished on Friday:
- Grocery shopping
- Stressed out in general (when I look ahead and see how much is on the horizon, if I think about it too much I can send myself into a tizzy. I must STOP this!)
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Early morning misty photo shoot at Bok Tower Gardens. (If you are ever in Central Florida, you MUST visit this place! It’s one of mine and my hubby’s favorites, and I was so glad this couple chose this spot for their pics. Gorgeous!)
- Baked some banana bread for other folks (even though we can’t eat it due to the South Beach Diet…what can I say, I’m a glutton for punishment!)
- Cooked dinner for our realtor (and now dear friend) and her smart-as-a-whip 6-year old, who came to see what we’ve done with the house and enjoy a meal with us. I LOVE it when you work with people and they turn into friends, don’t you?
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Sunday School, Choir & Church
- Lunch with friends
- Sunday afternoon nap (pure bliss, I say!)
- Cooked dinner, and breakfast for tomorrow, and prepped tomorrow’s lunch, too
- Worked on the blog
- Edited photos
And for those following our progress so far on the South Beach Diet, can I just say that week 2 was NOT my favorite?!
I GAINED 1.8 pounds
My hubby lost 2 pounds
I mean, how does that even happen?! I did the exact same thing I did the week before when I LOST 8.1 pounds! I can’t even tell you how frustrated and disappointed I was when it came to the weight loss.
But on another front, my eyes have definitely been opened to just how UN-healthy we really were. I really didn’t think it was that bad, but hindsight’s always 20/20, right? So we’ve definitely decided on a few things we are NEVER going to partake in regularly again. The top two? Coke and Diet Coke. Done.
It’s also got me thinking about something else. Something called artificial sweetener. BOO, right? We know that’s bad for us, correct? But South Beach doesn’t subscribe to that at all! In fact, they encourage artificial sweeteners! I think it’s probably because it was created before the whole “artificial sweetener is poison” deal, but still.
So this next week we can add in fruit, and we’re pretty excited about it. But I’m still not thrilled with the whole artificial sweetener thing, so by the end of this week, I may be switching us to an entirely different “diet plan”.
There have been a few folks who have questioned our doing a “diet” when “You’re so young!” Can I just say that there are bigger reasons for us doing this than weight loss? Things like his family history of high cholesterol and my family history of diabetes. We don’t want to let ourselves drift in that direction at all – so now is the perfect time to get healthy!
Anyhow. I’m really hoping that this next week is less of killing myself over food prep and more encouragement as far as weight loss is concerned. Time will tell!
What did YOU do over the weekend?