Good morning, everyone!
If you’re a regular reader here on the blog and you’re local to Central Florida, tune your television to ABC Action News right now, and you might just catch a glimpse of me! (I’ll post the link to the interview when I get it!) If you’ve already seen the spot and you’re visiting to get the recipe I shared on air, welcome! Feel free to poke around the blog – lots of interesting things happen here each week!
Did you know that the month of August is actually National Breakfast Month? It sure is! Of course, right when school starts back – there’s so much going on and so much to prepare the family for, folks tend to think there’s just no time left for a healthy breakfast. In reality, that couldn’t be further from the truth! And when there’s scientific research proving that eating a healthy breakfast can make you more productive than those who don’t, why not become a breakfast-eater?
That’s where Wholly Wholesome comes in! Wholly Wholesome’s products are Kosher and made without artificial flavors, preservatives, additives, hydrogenated fat, oils or trans fatty acids or conventionally refined sugars. They also have Organic, Vegan and wholly gluten free products – literally setting consumers up to prepare healthy meals – like this one for a Light Breakfast or Brunch Quiche!
- 1 Wholly Wholesome Organic Whole Wheat Pie Shell
- 1 16-ounce carton of egg whites
- 10 10-ounce package of mushrooms
- 4 cups raw spinach
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Reduced fat feta, Asiago or other cheese to top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take your pie shell out of the freezer, and let thaw. Place on preheating oven, to help speed up the process.
- Chop up your vegetables - including the spinach - and heat a large skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, and vegetables - saute until the peppers are soft and the spinach has wilted.
- Remove the sauteed veggies from the heat, and let cool until at room temperature - be sure not to mix anything that is too hot with raw egg whites.
- When cooled, add the veggies to the thawed pie shell and place on a baking tray. Carefully pour the egg whites over the veggie mix. Carefully sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then shut the oven off and keep the quiche in the cooling oven for another 15 minutes.
Don’t you love how colorful it is?!
Absolutely delish! And so healthy, too! I mean, FOUR CUPS of raw spinach! You can’t beat those nutrients for the fam! (Just tell them it’s breakfast PIE and they’ll be all set!) You can even make this the night before and do a simple warm-up right before school and/or work!
Wholly Wholesome can be found in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida at Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, and other natural food stores throughout the area.
You can also check out their website! Type in your zip code and you can find out YOUR closest store that stocks Wholly Wholesome products!
Or, if you’re a social media guru, find them here:
Thanks for stopping by today, all! Do give the recipe a try, and remember to pick up a few Wholly Wholeseom products the next time you make a grocery run!
Due to the amount of comments from all of my wonderful readers, it is not always possible for me to respond to each one. However, I absolutely do read thermal, and if you’d like to address something specific, or have a question for me, please don’t hesitate to email me at Kristen@theroadtodomestication.com. I will respond to your email as soon as possible! Thank you for visiting the blog!