You’ve heard it in general conversations, and you’ve probably even uttered the words yourself: “There’s a lot of junk going around!”
**SIGH** When is there NOT a lot of junk going around?
I caught the dreaded flu right before Christmas, and I was purely miserable. It took me about a month to feel like myself after that – crazy how some things can just take you down! Then, soon after the new year, my allergies started up! (If you have allergies, yours probably starting kicking early, too – crazy weather!)
I’m JUST now starting to feel more like myself after the allergy fun, and now I’m hearing about this awful stomach bug floating around that keeps you sick for days on end. Oh dear. If there’s anything I can’t stand, it’s throwing up.
Since I have an autoimmune disease myself (read more about Celiac Disease HERE) I really do try hard to stay healthy! Because when I catch something, it takes me longer to rid my body of it than it does the average person. That’s why when I came across an article in the Ladies Home Journal about the secrets of a healthy immune system, I read it right off the bat. Great tips, so I thought I’d share with you!
1. Get enough sleep. (This I have been doing much better at of late, since we just got a brand new mattress, and it is WONDERFUL! Well…I say I’m doing better…but tonight’s plan is to stay up until I’m done editing wedding photos…so I WAS doing better, we’ll say that!)
2. Ingest antioxidants. (One way I’ve found to do this is use the Crystal Light on-the-go drink mixes – have you seen them? There is a Cherry Pomegranate flavored option that specifically promises antioxidants. So not only do I stay hydrated, but I’m pumping those antioxidants into my system!)
3. Sip hot tea. (See blog I posted last week about tea!)
4. Stretch and relax. (Yeah. This one I need LOTS of work on.)
5. Spice up meals with garlic. (I need to work on this, too. I add garlic if the recipe calls for it…but I don’t get too creative, that’s for sure.)
6. Look on the sunny side. (99.9% of the time I’ve got this one down!)
What are YOUR tips for staying healthy?