If you happened to see yesterday’s blog post, you saw this:
I told you all about my Patriotic Holiday Shelf yesterday, and told you that I made it personal, but today I’m going to show you HOW I made it the most personal part: the banner.
I chose to make this banner using old photos of our family who were or are currently in the military. Now, you can make this banner personal with any photos you like – that’s the cool thing about it!
Roll of burlap (or another type of fabric similar to it)
Baker’s Twine (or another type of twine similar to it)
Scissors and hole punch
OH! And photos!
This is seriously the most simple thing ever.
- Gather your photos. (I cut mine all the same size and washed them all in the same filter, but if you want a more whimsical look, leave them different sizes and colors!) And again, MANY THANKS to all of my family who searched for all of their photos for me! They’re FANTASTIC!!!
- Cut the burlap to the length needed.
- Cut the baker’s twin longer than the burlap.
- Punch a hole in each corner of each photo.
- Lay the photos out on top of the burlap so you can space them where you want them.
And you’re done! Yep, it’s just that simple!
So there you have it!
What kind of a banner will YOU make this summer? Celebrate the flowers in your garden? Your special guy for Father’s Day? Patriotic for the 4th of July? The possibilities are endless! Enjoy!
Due to the amount of comments from all of my wonderful readers, it is not always possible for me to respond to each one. However, I absolutely do read them all, and if you’d like to address something specific, or have a question for me, please don’t hesitate to email me at Kristen@theroadtodomestication.com. I will respond to your email as soon as possible! Thank you for visiting the blog!