Summer is well on it’s way out the door, and Fall almost upon us! (I can’t wait – Fall is my FAVORITE!) And the folks at Dei Fratelli seem to like it, as well, since they’re offering all of us the opportunity to win a Dei Fratelli tomato product prize pack! All you have to do is simply visit DeiFratelli.com and answer a trivia question about Harvest Season and the Farm to Fork process to enter the contest. You can even come back more than once, if you like, because you can re-enter every day until August 31! WOW!
In celebration of Fall and the lovely Farm to Fork contest, Dei Fratelli sent me a couple of their fantastic products to try, right in my own kitchen. I was thrilled about this, since there are so many reasons why I LOVE this company! Their all-natural canned tomato products are heart-healthy, and made with your family in mind, using only the finest ingredients. See more information about their all-natural, low sodium and gluten-free canned tomato products, pasta sauces, tomato juices and Silver Fleece sauerkraut by poking around their website a bit after you enter the contest!
I opened my box and found some delicious Chopped Italian Tomatoes and their famous Tomato Sauce!
I decided to use the Chopped Italian Tomatoes on a Cold Veggie Pizza I was preparing for a party, and the Tomato Sauce on a new creation of mine: Italian Nachos!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls (in sheets)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 can Dei Fratelli chopped Italian tomatoes, drained
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a jellyroll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press your crescent dough into the pan, all the way to the edges, and poke holes in it with a fork, like you would a pie crust
- Bake for 10 minutes and then let cool completely.
- Combine the sour cream, cream cheese, dill weed, garlic salt and ranch mix. Spread this mixture on top of the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle the broccoli, carrots and tomatoes evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Cover and let chill.
- Pull apart and serve.
The ladies at my party LOVED it, and even my hubby (who initially turned up his nose at the mention of a COLD VEGGIE pizza, tried it and pronounced it “Surprisingly…really good!” (I’m confident it was the tomatoes that put it over the top!)
Now, for the Italian Nachos…
Being a gluten-free gal, I have to get the “base” of most meals from something other than bread or pasta. A staple in my pantry from the beginning has been corn chips, and these days, specifically Tostitos Scoops!
They are these perfect little pockets of tortilla chip goodness…I really adore them! So I decided to combine them with something else I was sure to love: Dei Fratelli Tomato Sauce!
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1 can Dei Fratelli tomato sauce
- 1 bag Tostitos Scoops
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown and drain sausage. Return to pan.
- Mix tomato sauce and Italian spices into meat.
- Position Scoops on a plate (if microwaving) or on a cookie sheet lined with foil (if baking)
- Fill scoops part-way with meat mixture, and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Microwave or bake on a low temperature until the cheese has melted.
If you want to try these Dei Fratelli products yourself, check out your local grocery store, and don’t forget to visit DeiFratelli.com and answer a trivia question about Harvest Season and the Farm to Fork process to enter their current contest!
For more information about Dei Fratelli…
Check out their website BY CLICKING HERE
Find them on Facebook BY CLICKING HERE
Find them on Twitter BY CLICKING HERE
Find them on YouTube BY CLICKING HERE
Find them on Pinterest BY CLICKING HERE
Find them on Instagram BY CLICKING HERE
Will you try either of these recipes? I totally think you should, of course!
Due to the amount of comments from all of my wonderful readers, it is not always possible for me to respond to each one. However, I absolutely do read thermal, and if you’d like to address something specific, or have a question for me, please don’t hesitate to email me at Kristen@theroadtodomestication.com. I will respond to your email as soon as possible! Thank you for visiting the blog!