I’ve been trying to eat super healthy these days, of course, to make sure the twins are getting the nutrients they need. So far it seems to be working! Hopefully things continue to progress well!
But in all my research about good pregnancy nutrition, I keep seeing points about “super foods”. And some of those points are just a tad bit confusing, I must say. So when Daisy Grace offered to flesh things out for me, and even included some recipes to boot, well – PERFECT!
Check out what she has to share!
Among the top healthy lifestyle tips: eat more super foods. Although it may sound like a hoax, super foods are a real category. Comprised of foods that are loaded with nutrients essential for living a healthy life (but that also lack unfavorable nutrients like saturated fat,) super foods are like all-in-one nutritious powerhouses. They tend to boost your immune system, improve your heart health, and give you energy.
Many super foods are also great to add to a diet for weight loss since these foods have healthful nutrients and do not tend to be fattening or heavy on carbohydrates. You can turn many super foods into great snacks as well, making them convenient.
Check out these super food snack recipes for example:
Easy Crunchy Kale Chips
A great alternative to potato chips, kale chips offer you nutrients like vitamins, calcium, folate, and even protein. They will provide you with energy and help you to curb the craving for a salty, crunchy snack that isn’t as healthy. This recipe is easy to make and it’s fast too.
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Remove stems from kale leaves.
- Place kale leaves in a bag gently.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil into the bag and shake in seasonings.
- Gently shake the bag to coat the kale lightly.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until kale is crispy.
Super Berry Granola for Yogurt
A great snack to enjoy on its own, granola is always enhanced when it is used as a topping for yogurt or ice cream. The snack is also really easy to make and can even be vegan. This recipe is packed with berry super foods that offer a wide array of essential vitamins.These super fruits also provide anti-oxidants that fight aging, cancer, and common health problems.
- Basic mix of nuts and seeds
- Acai berries
- Pomegranate seeds
- Gently stir all ingredients other.
- Store in air tight container in a refrigerated environment.
- Scoop into yogurt for a tasty snack.
Sweet and Spicy Mango Salsa
Perfect as a party food, a side dish, an appetizer, or a snack, mango salsa tastes fresh and has a deep flavor profile. That it is super easy to make and really good for you is definitely a bonus as well. Through this simple snack containing the super food mango you will get over 20 diverse vitamins and nutrients and won’t have to worry about fat levels at all.
- Green pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Lime juice
- Chop all solid fruits and vegetables into small chunks (smaller than a nickel.)
- Stir together in a skillet and heat to medium heat.
- Allow to sit over heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve warm or chilled with tortilla chips or another healthy snack.
Power Packed Smoothies
Whether you enjoy them for breakfast, a snack, or dessert, smoothies are convenient and tasty year round. Plus, you can a wide variety of smoothies out of a large variety of fruits and vegetables. This particular recipe formula for smoothies includes several super food fruits and veggies. Further, it calls for kefir, a liquid super food that helps with digestion.
- Super food fruits like mango, pineapple, blueberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, etc.
- Super food greens like kale or spinach
- Low-fat yogurt
- Skim milk or kefir
- Ice cubes
- Cut solid foods like fruits and vegetable into small chunks.
- Freeze all solid foods.
- When it’s time to make a smoothie, combine frozen foods with yogurt, ice cubes, and either milk or kefir. The mix should be 2/3 solid food and 1/3 liquid. Add just a couple of ice cubes.
- Blend together.
- If additional sweetening is needed, add honey. You can also add cinnamon or another healthy seasoning like basil.
- Drink and enjoy chilled for breakfast or instead of dessert.
Cacao Berry Energy Bars
Sweet and energy-rich, these energy bars are healthy and tasty. They are made out of a few simple ingredients and don’t require the use of an oven. Just make some space in the fridge and you’re ready to enjoy these energy bars that will give you both a health and energy boost.
- Pure unsweetened cacao
- Acai berries
- Flax seed
- Combine all ingredients except for honey in a food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are in ground up finely.
- Spread ingredients on a tray and add honey.
- Combine with hands, pressing all ingredients together until they stick.
- Press flat on a tray.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before cutting.
- Enjoy as energy bars.
Daisy Grace works as a content coordinator for Global Internet Magazine. She specializes in women’s health and also explores topics related to general health and beauty. Daisy loves studying the latest trends in cosmetics and skin care, but her experience extends further than that. She writes on all aspects of women’s health and beauty skin care and also various product reviews.
These are fantastic recipes, Daisy – even SUPER, I dare say! (Get it?!) Thanks so much for giving us some great ideas when it comes to healthy and easy eating!
Due to the amount of comments from all of my wonderful readers, it is not always possible for me to respond to each one. However, I absolutely do read them all, and if you’d like to address something specific, or have a question for me, please don’t hesitate to email me at Kristen@theroadtodomestication.com. I will respond to your email as soon as possible! Thank you for visiting the blog!