Well, good morning, all! And Happy New Year to each of you!
Can you believe it’s 2014?! I’m having a hard time with this one! (I’ll be writing 2013 on everything for a while yet, so y’all will just have to bear with me, I’m afraid!)
We had a little party last night, so not too much is on the docket for today except to put away the Christmas decor! The house is gonna look so weird…
And, considering I JUST finished packing up the Fall stuff last week (HA!) I thought I’d share my method (and a couple of free printables!) with all of you!
1. Make use of storage containers. I love storage containers, because they capture all the small pieces, and you can stack them. You’re working with hard plastics, so nothing will be leaning or falling – it all locks nicely into place!
2. Color coordinate. All my fall decor is in purple storage containers (because fall is my favorite and so is purple!), all the Christmas is in green storage containers (pretty self-explanatory) and the other assorted decor (for things like my holiday shelf) is in clear containers. That way, when I see each box, I know exactly what I’m dealing with.
3. Use the soft to cushion the fragile. I’ve got the ceramic pilgrims resting in the midst of the fall pillows. It’s easy to pack that way, and when you pull the boxes out the next year, nothing is broken!
4. Write down what you have. Every year I’ve said, “I don’t need to write it down, I’ll remember.” Well, I NEVER do. So this year, I’m writing it all down. Want to join in? Check out the printables I’ve made!
5. Store in a dedicated area. I have a closet in an extra bedroom that houses all decorative items. When you start stashing stuff here and there around the house, you’ll miss items and won’t discover them until after you’ve put everything else away. (Yes, I speak from personal experience!)
It’s been a wonderful holiday season! Now it’s time to pack up the memories until next year!